Handmade Onta ceramic Sencha Teacup.
Sencha teacups are typically used for guests. They are shallow and wider than the taller standard Japanese teacups.
It is also a perfect size to use for small side dishes, another fun way to enjoy this Sencha teacup.
Onta pottery was created in the city of Hita in Oita Prefecture. There are only 10 kilns that fire Onta pottery.
Onta pottery was registered as one of Japan's Important Intangible Cultural Properties by the government in 1995.
Made in Japan
Size: Ø 9 x 5 cm
Ø 3.5 x 2 inch
Brand: Yamashita Kogei
Due to its handmade nature, slight variations within color, shade, shape, and other differences will occur among the same product.
Microwave Safe. Not for use with any other heat source.
Please follow the process below before the first use to help prevent staining.
1) Set aside water that was used to wash rice
2) Place the ceramic items in a cooking pot along with the starchy water that was set aside earlier. Bring the water to a boil then reduce the heat to low and keep for 20 mins
3) Once 20 mins has passed, turn off the heat and leave the items in the pot until the water returns to room temperature
4) Wash well and let dry naturally
* If you do not have washed rice water, adding some flour to the water will work as well.